Sunday, March 10, 2013

Raw Caramel Maca drink

 
This has become one of my favorite go-to drinks. A blend of Coconut water.....and Maca.
Hello simplicity. So easy and delicious.
 
Super refreshing and energizing
 
This was actually my Dad's idea. I have not come across a recipe of just Coconut water and Maca blended together. There are usually more ingredients that get added. But when I tried this simple drink, I was in caramel heaven! I can't belief this had a caramel flavor and it is only made from Coconut water and Maca. My dad is awesome! hehe
 
Recipe:
-1 cup Coconut Water (raw is best for better sweetness from the Coconut. I use a whole Coconut, or if I buy bottled coconut water I like to get Harmless Harvest 100% Raw Coconut Water. Some health grocery stores carry it)
 
 
 
 
-1/2 Tablespoon Maca Powder
 
Blend in your blender, or use a shake bottle. You could try mixing it in a cup but I'm not sure if it will blend good. You could add some ice as well.
Sip and enjoy!

At times I'll add Spirulina, or Vitamineral Green powder, or Cinnamon.
For more sweetness you can add a ripe banana and turn it into a filling smoothie.

1 comment: