Friday, April 19, 2013

Food-Picture Journal #2

On my first post sharing what I eat, I took pictures of what I ate that day. I've decided it is easier and gives a better idea of what I eat to take a collection of pictures throughout a few weeks of what I've been enjoying for snacks, afternoon meals, & dinner. I tend to be a creature of habit by nature most times, so over a certain period of time I usually stick to the same foods, just in different orders :)
 
I do have my share of alcoholic drinks when I go out with friends, I tend to stick to one or two drinks, unless it's a once in a while crazy special event. The purpose of this blog is to help others achieve their health goal so I will not post tempting pictures. I'm just being straight up & honest that I do enjoy a drink every now and then and that when I'm out socializing I don't freak out anymore over a few bites of "food" I wouldn't want to eat. Sometimes, it's being part of the social experience that I find to be more worth it :)
 
I do live with housemates at the moment (we share the kitchen) and I'm a busy college student, & getting in enough food for my weight-training can be a challenge for me sometimes. This is why I usually stick to the same foods that are easy for me to make or grab and go from the grocery stores.
 
Every morning upon waking, I drink about 20 oz of water. I'm very fortunate to live near by a Spring Water, but when I don't have Spring Water with me I drink bottled water or filtered water.
Most mornings before a decent meal for breakfast, I'll drink Kombucha, or Fair Trade Organic black Coffee, or a superfood drink with Coconut Water + Maca + algae + reishi medicinal mushroom extract + green powders. Sometimes I'll only eat a big chunk of raw chocolate.
 
Everyone is a unique individual. We all have our own machines running inside of us. Find your fuel, find your desired tastes, find what gives YOU vitality & energy.
 
This is what I've been enjoying lately:
 
Snacks
 
(bananas, raw local eggs, spirulina, Maca, Mesquite Powder)
(What I bring to school when I'm there from 11am-8pm)
(Green Juice at Café Gratitude)
(Core Warrior Bar during Biology class)
(Math class, Almonds)
(at school)
(Working at the clinic, Berries, Macadamias, 3 Medjool Dates, Chia Seeds with Spirulina) 
 
(Coconut Water, Maca, Spirulina, raw egg, & Ataulfo Mango)
(3 mandarins, 1 orange, blackberries)
(Strawberries, Medjool Dates rolled in Carob Powder & shredded Coconut)
(Fruit bought at school)
 
(Lulu's raw Cacao bar, Medjool Dates, Macadamias)
(My raw Lemon Poppy Seed ice cream)
(My raw Chaga Vanilla Bean superfood Ice Cream)
(Trying healthy food products I find at the markets)
(In Bio class)
(Coconut Water, mandarin, raw Lulu's Cacao bar)
(raw Almond cookie from a raw food restaurant, Café Gratitude) 
(Mango, Berries, Cacao Nibs, Shredded Coconut)
 
(homemade shiny raw chocolate with herbs, superfoods like Maca & algae, & spices)
 
 
Breakfast & Lunch
(I eat the same food types for breakfast & lunch. During the day I like to keep most of my food intake raw such as fruits, nuts, seeds, superfoods, raw local egg smoothies, & raw wild fish.) Sometimes I eat 1 breakfast and 1 lunch, other times I just eat a lot of snacks during the day until dinner).
(Raw Cacao smoothie with a lot of Chia Seeds, nut milk, Maca  powder, Chlorella, Cinnamon, & Coconut Oil sometimes)
(Salmon, raw beets, guacamole, lettuce, carrots)
 
(Pumpkin seed milk with Chia Seeds)
Like I don't eat enough Chia Seeds...
(The kitchen cups are too small for my food intake lol) Green Machine smoothie.
(breakfast at school)
(Veggie raw burrito with a creamy nut spread)
(Raw wild salmon with lime juice & Tamari sauce)
(Raspberry Coconut Cream Smoothie with Spirulina)
(Chia Seed with nut milk, Cacao, Banana, frozen blueberries, Maca, Coconut Water)
(Ready to blend! Mango, Banana, Hemp Seeds, Vitamineral Green powder)
(Hemp Seed milk, banana, vitamineral green, Coconut Oil, Cacao Nibs, Maca) 
 
Dinner
(For dinner lately I've been really enjoying ending the day with grass-fed animal protein/fats, and local as much as I can. I find that I like to have more cooked foods at the end of the day. Most times for dinner I have two-three different kinds of plates (I do eat plenty! hehe) My usual is always a salad included because I looove them) I also have hard boiled eggs with my salads when I don't feel like eating a lot of carbohydrates. I find that red meat makes me feel better than when eating white meat.
Most of my dinners are foods that I grab and go from the grocery store at the salad bar. I glance over at the ingredient labels to make sure there isn't anything I don't want to eat. Here is what I find :) 
 
(Sweet Potato Millet cakes, raw nut spread wrapped in Nori seaweed with saukraut, & beet salad)
(Homemade raw Pasta made of thinly sliced cucumber, with avocado mash, olives, tomatoes, green peas, & onions.)

Homemade baked Japanese Sweet Potato
(Home baked Salmon with cayenne)
(Yams with Macadamias, cinnamon, and sea salt)
 
(Home pan-fried local Goat with Japanese Sweet Potato and Macadamias)
 
(Turkey)
(Homemade baked Halibut wild fish with cayenne and sea salt, it's expensive so this is a treat)
 
 Posting all these pictures of what I've eaten has helped me see I could use a little more variety! If I had my own kitchen I would be making more of my own recipes than relying on the grocery stores. Because of this I am so thankful to live in an area that is health & environment conscious.
 
Find foods that nourish you & that take your health & well-being to the next level.  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment